Home / Tag Archives: business insurance news

Tag Archives: business insurance news

How to Identify Heat-Related Illnesses

GettyImages-807753548

According to the Centers for Disease Control, there were 8,081 heat-related deaths reported in the United States between 1999 and 2010. The underlying cause in 72% of these deaths was exposure to excessive heat, and heat was a contributing factor in the remaining 28% of deaths.

Read More »

Validus appoints executive | Business Insurance

Validus appoints executive | Business Insurance

Validus Specialty Underwriting Services Inc. has named Bob Eells to be senior vice president and chief operating officer of Validus Specialty, Western World Insurance Group and Crop Risk Services, the insurer said in a statement Thursday. He will be based in Parsippany, New Jersey, report to Chief Executive Officer Jonathan …

Read More »

New surplus lines insurer recruits underwriting executive

New surplus lines insurer recruits underwriting executive

Ategrity Specialty Insurance Co., the insurer being formed by surplus lines industry veteran Mike Miller, recruited another former Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co. underwriting executive this month. Sandy Vertuno has joined Phoenix-based Ategrity as chief underwriting officer-contract underwriting, an Ategrity spokeswoman confirmed. Previously, Ms. Vertuno was senior director contract underwriting at …

Read More »

Insurtech company launches commercial drone insurance

Insurtech company launches commercial drone insurance

Acend Inc., doing business as REIN, has launched DroneInsurance.com., its first digital portal designed to allow commercial drone operators to safeguard their business and self-manage coverage online, the company said in a statement Thursday. Businesses can protect their ground operations and operators can purchase flight liability coverage on-demand, for one …

Read More »

Court rules Jimmy John’s not a joint employer

Court rules Jimmy John’s not a joint employer

Sandwich shop franchiser Jimmy John’s L.L.C. and other of its corporate entities are not joint employers with its franchisees, says a district court, in a long-running Fair Labor Standards Act case filed by plaintiffs who have worked as assistant managers in the company’s franchisee stores. The U.S. District Court in …

Read More »